DuatDweller on 6/11/2025 at 21:30
Well this is weird or not?
Quote:
US Supreme Court lets Trump administration require gender at birth be listed on passports
The US Supreme Court will allow the Trump administration to require all new passports to display an individual's biological sex at birth, for now.
The conservative-majority court on Thursday froze an order from a lower court in Massachusetts that had stopped the US government from changing its policy while the legal process plays out.
"Displaying passport holders' sex at birth no more offends equal protection principles than displaying their country of birth," the court said.
On his first day in office, Trump signed an executive order recognising only two sexes, leading the US to issue passports with just male or female designations, based on a person's sex recorded at birth.
The Biden administration allowed people to self-select their gender on passports and add a third gender option - X - to the government document, which is issued by the State Department.
The win for the Trump administration - the latest on the high court's emergency docket - means that individuals can no longer show their chosen identity on new or renewed passports in the near future.
The order said that the government is "merely attesting to a historical fact without subjecting anyone to differential treatment".
The Supreme Court also said the administration "is likely to succeed on the merits", indicating the justices are inclined to issue a final ruling upholding the requirement when the case reaches them.
The three liberal justices dissented.
The plaintiffs in the case are arguing that the limitations in the gender field amounts to harassment and can lead to violence against transgender individuals.
This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.
(
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c2em442nyrwo)
DuatDweller on 8/11/2025 at 01:45
Trump must be happy with this....
sorry no news website could be found for this news, it was google AI that gave the info
Quote:
A Latina woman,
Maria Florinda Rios Perez de Velasquez, was fatally shot after mistakenly arriving at the wrong address for a cleaning job in Whitestown, Indiana, on November 5, 2025.
The 32-year-old mother of four, an immigrant from Guatemala, was with her husband when they arrived at a new client's home in the early morning. She attempted to use a key she had for the correct address, and was shot in the head by a resident from inside the home. Her husband was on the front porch with her and held her as she died.
The homeowners told police they believed someone was attempting to break into their house and called emergency services. The incident is being reviewed by the Boone County prosecutor to determine if charges will be filed, with Indiana's "castle doctrine" self-defense laws coming into play. The case has sparked a discussion about homeowners' rights and the "troubling trend" of people being met with gunfire for innocent mistakes.
DuatDweller on 8/11/2025 at 02:11
Andrew Andrew oh where did you stick your stick that time...
(
https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20251107-uk-s-andrew-asked-to-testify-over-epstein-as-he-formally-loses-titles)
Quote:
UK's Andrew asked to testify over Epstein as he formally loses titles
London (AFP) – US lawmakers wrote to Britain's disgraced former prince Andrew on Thursday requesting he sit for an interview about his friendship with the sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
The letter was disclosed as King Charles III formally stripped his younger brother of his titles after last week's announcement that Andrew was being banished from the monarchy.
Sixteen Democratic Party members of Congress signed a letter asking Andrew to participate in a "transcribed interview" with the House of Representatives oversight committee investigating Epstein, who took his own life in 2019 while facing sex trafficking charges.
"The committee is seeking to uncover the identities of Mr Epstein's co-conspirators and enablers and to understand the full extent of his criminal operations," the letter read.
"Well-documented allegations against you, along with your long-standing friendship with Mr Epstein, indicate that you may possess knowledge of his activities relevant to our investigation."
The letter asked Andrew, now known as Andrew Mountbatten Windsor, to respond by November 20.
It was signed by Democrats who are in a minority in the House. US Congress also has no power to compel testimony from foreigners, making it unlikely that Andrew will give evidence.
A spokesperson for the former prince did not immediately respond to a request for comment from AFP.
Emails recently released by the committee as well as a posthumous memoir written by Andrew's sexual assault accuser Virginia Giuffre reignited UK anger over Andrew's ties to Epstein.
It culminated in Charles deciding to remove all of Andrew's royal titles and honours and announcing that he would be ousted from his 30-room mansion on the royal estate at Windsor, west of London.
Charles has formally made the changes with an announcement published Wednesday in The Gazette, the UK's official public record.
Andrew has always denied that he sexually abused Giuffre, who alleged that she was trafficked to have sex with him on three occasions, twice when she was just 17.
After she launched a lawsuit against him, he paid her a multi-million-pound settlement in 2022 without making any admission of guilt.
Giuffre, a US and Australian citizen, died by suicide at her home in Australia in April.
DuatDweller on 12/11/2025 at 03:15
Just in case Trump decides to attack China, no one knows, it may happen.... or not
(
https://www.newsweek.com/satellite-photos-china-building-doomsday-city-11002952)
Quote:
New Satellite Photos Show China Building Doomsday City
New high-definition satellite imagery shows steady progress on a sprawling site outside Beijing that analysts believe could be a military command complex designed to protect China's leaders from a nuclear strike by the United States.
Why It Matters
The vast site, dubbed “Beijing Military City” by open-source analysts, is located roughly 20 miles southwest of the Chinese capital. Its construction footprint hints at a complex nearly 10 times the size of the Pentagon.
Chinese President Xi Jinping has ordered the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) to become a “world-class” force by mid-century, a phrase widely understood as shorthand for matching or surpassing U.S. military capabilities.
While Beijing has accelerated its buildup of naval ships, long-range missiles, and nuclear warheads, experts say Xi is also pursuing hardened infrastructure capable of surviving a decapitation strike. Such a facility could allow China’s leadership to continue military operations in the event of a major war with the United States.
Newsweek reached out to the Chinese Ministry of Defense via email for comment.
Not everyone is convinced the site is built with a doomsday purpose in mind.
“The land area is much larger than a normal military camp and military school, so it can only be assumed that it is a site for an administrative organization or a large training base,” Hsu Yen-chi, a researcher at the Council on Strategic and Wargaming Studies think-tank in Taiwan, told the Financial Times.
If the site is meant to be a hardened command center, it remains unclear what that implies for China’s approach to command and control. Beijing’s military hierarchy is traditionally centralized under the Communist Party’s leadership, which prioritizes political loyalty and tight oversight of senior officers.
A recent report by the California-based RAND Corporation think tank noted that some PLA researchers have begun advocating for a mission command model similar to that of the U.S., which would delegate limited decision-making authority to lower-ranking officers to improve response times in fast-moving conflicts.
“PLA adoption of mission command could worsen PLA crisis behavior because of weaker coordination and control of frontline forces by PLA senior leadership,” the RAND authors wrote. “On the other hand, it could also blunt traditional U.S. military strategies by speeding up communications—and therefore decisions—on the Chinese side.”
DuatDweller on 12/11/2025 at 18:06
Oopsy now you've done it Donny....
Quote:
Epstein alleged that Trump 'spent hours' with one of his victims, as thousands of documents released
Trump named in newly-released Epstein email exchanges - a recappublished at 15:02
15:02
It has been a whirlwind afternoon, starting with the release of three emails and escalating to a flood of more than 23,000 pages of documents.
Here's a recap of events so far:
Democrats on the US House Oversight Committee release three email exchanges between Epstein, and his associate Ghislaine Maxwell and writer Michael Wolff. The exchanges name Trump, calling him "the dog that hasn't barked" and alleging he "spent hours" at Epstein's house with a victim
The White House says the email exchanges create a "fake narrative". Trump has always denied any wrongdoing in relation to Epstein
The White House adds that the victim referenced in the emails is Virginia Giuffre, "who repeatedly said President Trump was not involved in any wrongdoing whatsoever"
Shortly afterwards, thousands more pages of documents are released - this time by the wider Republican-controlled House Oversight Committee. There are more than 23,000 pages in total - many published with little context. We are still unpicking these and will share our findings
Now the clock is relentlessly ticking towards a House of Representatives vote on ordering a full release of the remaining Epstein files, writes our North America correspondent Anthony Zurcher
(
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/c2dr3z9egljt)
Starker on 13/11/2025 at 11:09
Despite the administrations insistence that there are no Epstein files and there never were any, here's a recap of some of the the latest Epstein files:
[video=youtube;vBl1piAxcGs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBl1piAxcGs[/video]
demagogue on 13/11/2025 at 11:58
Here's the stash: (
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hTNH5woIRio578onLGElkTWofUSWRoH_)
I really encourage y'all to read through some of these.
It's just fascinating reading.
Epstein had his finger in so many pots, US politics, European politics, Middle East politics, scientists, and of course the ever present girls, legal troubles, and Trump.
DuatDweller on 13/11/2025 at 18:27
Do you expect us to wade through such filth and walls of text?
:erm:
Maybe I'll make some time to read them, maybe.
demagogue on 14/11/2025 at 00:27
Nobody has to of course.
He was a sleazeball that happened to regularly chat with people like Ehud Barak and Macron and MBS and the emir of Kuwait and some EU MP, half of the Trump administration, and all of these scientists, actors, artists, and titans of industry all coming to him with their dreams that he's going to make happen, and they're all talking inside baseball, I mean they're making actual plans that change policy for entire countries and regions, and Epstein is at the center of it. So there's that part of it that might be interesting to some people. This is as much the proverbial smoke filled room where a lot of decisions are actually made on a lot of things as much as anything.
But there's also a game of it, especially if you're thinking like a lawyer. If you want to see Trump impeached, you know he's done plenty of things impeachable, and you know a lot of them are going to be alluded to in these emails. So the game is to try to find the little buried hints about what's really going on that's dodgy and that might be the thread that if you pull unravels the whole thing.
PigLick on 14/11/2025 at 04:00
I read through some of it and it is heavy going, but also as dema says, fascinating.